Monday, November 23, 2009

My Sister has Really BAD Taste

Hello everyone. 

So I have the most beautiful little sister in the world. She's almost 16 and she is the image of a model. Very tall, fine bone structure, softy creamy skin and beautiful golden brown naturally streaked hair. Theres only one problem with it all. My sister is really a boy!

Sure shes got the parts to make her a girl, but on the inside she is the biggest Tom boy I know. While I was playing dress ups with Barbie and Ken she was playing with toy cars. When I was taking ballet lessons she was getting dirty in the mud playing soccer.
Now thats irony for you.
But despite this I love her a great deal, I even let her borrow my clothes (I always have to re shrink my skinny jeans when she wears them though!). However I'm now finding myself in a bit of a conundrum, you see it's her Year 10 graduation formal soon. And as we all know, a graduation formal means dress shopping, lots and lots of dress shopping. Not for my little sister though, when it was my formal I'd already started looking during first semester, I'd also bought several different outfits along the way just to be sure I'd have the perfect outfit. My sister however, I had to badger her from first semester until a month ago before she even bothered to think about it. I finally managed to drag her out shopping and she reluctantly admitted to having lots of fun. I took her to all the best shops in Sydney, I don't think she's ever felt so pampered, and now has an insight into why I love to shop so much. We kept running into a reoccurring problem though, no matter how good the dress I picked out for her looked she would insist it was too much and I apparently had to expensive taste. Well I wasn't going to let money get in the way of making my sister look the most beautiful girl in her year so I told her, when we found the one, I would buy it for her. Now theres this wonderful little gem of a store on the corner of King Street and Castlereigh Street in the city called VOI and it stocks last season designer clothes. I took her there, it being one of my favorite places for in my opinion a bargain, and low and behold we found the most beautiful Pierre Balmaine SS09 dress, it was going for around $600 because it had the slightest tear on the seem, not that you could notice. When my sister tried it on I don't think I've ever seen her so beautiful. I was ready to buy it then and there, but she convinced me that she wanted to think about it first before I bought it for her. I reluctantly agreed.
So here comes the kicker, she went out the other day with her snot nosed, spotty faced, dumbass unfashionable girl friends yesterday to the local mall, and came back with the most ugliest dress I have ever seen. It was off the rack for $70 and I thought that was too much for it, should of been we'll pay you $100 to take it away from our store. I told her I thought she looked stunning in it, that she would light up the room, I even lied through my teeth and told her that I thought it looked better then the Pierre Balmaine dress. I wanted to tell her how hideous it was, but she's my sister and I love her. In a way that dress is her, awkward and unsure of itself. Most importantly it makes her smile, it makes her happy, because I know despite how beautiful she would of looked, she never would of been comfortable wearing a $600 dress. So despite how much I hate it, it makes her smile, and my sister smiling is more important then anything else in the word. Who am I to take that away.

xoxo

P.S. what I do find funny but, is my sister likes to go through my wardrobe and pull on my clothes and then ask how much shes wearing, just so she can gasp when its usually a couple thousand dollars worth. Yet she can't pull off a $600 dress... Tom boys, I don't get them.

2 comments:

The Douchess November 23, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

haha hey this is a great entry.., just so u know im like a follower of your blog now..lolz.

haha ur poor sister.

anyway, gud blog and maybe u can talk some fashion into that girl haha!

Adam November 24, 2009 at 2:37 AM  

LOL thankyou,
I have a follower now, awesome... i dont feel like such a douche rambling anmore...

And alas i dont think my sister will ever have a bone of fashion sense in her.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP