Friday, November 27, 2009

Spray Tans and Comming Out

Hey Guys,

I went for dinner and a movie last night with C, it was very very nice, and thats all I want to say at the moment. I want to keep it all to myself for as long as possible. Don't worry though, I'm sure to crack and spill everything within the week. On a side note, I didn't wear my Burberry Trench the stupid weather decided it was time for another heat wave, like seriously can it make up its mind already!!!

So now that its summer (well spring, but it may as well be with all the heatwaves)  I really need a tan! Its kind of the rule in Australia. As soon as the sun comes back out you must tan ASAP! I haven't been seeing enough sun for my liking though so I decided to give myself a little artificial boost until I can organise more beach time. The results, well, lets just say it went from good to bad to absolutely excellent.
I bought a spray on natural tan, one thats meant to dye your skin over time and naturally promote the cells to tan themselves, it sounded great, it promised absolutely no streaks and a natural even colouring. I was sold. So I whipped off my clothes and began spraying every inch of skin, the stuff dried instantly and it needed no rubbing in, and it promised to start working within three hours. Well after three hours I looked good, I had the beginings of a nice even tan, not quite up to my usual natural mediteranean tan, but a nice begining none the less. The problems arose when I woke up this morning. I looked like an oompa loompa! I almost burst out crying it was hideous. So I ran into the shower and began frantically scrubbing, I didnt think it was working. I finnally resigned myself to being an over sized orange and got out and toweled myself down. And you know what, when I looked in the mirror I got the shock of my life. I looked like I had a lovely sun kissed deep tan. I'd managed to wash away the excess dye and was left with the natural tan underneath =D so now I am extremely happy. I look a treat if I say so myself. C says I look rather hot too.

So recently I moved back home with the family. and well, its becoming a lot more annoying playing the game "as long as we don't talk about it, it doesn't exist." Especially now that I've got C in my life! So I'm thinking of starting World War III tonight and announcing at the dinner table, "I'm gay, and I have a boyfriend." Closely followed by "Please dad, don't look so surprised. It's insulting." I expect a yelling match to follow that proclomation. Infact I'm expecting dad to invite the minister over as quickly as possible so he can change my wicked devious ways. To repent and follow the lord at all costs, and all that tosh.
Ohh well, it can't be avoided and its better we get it over and done with now rather then let it play out longer and longer.
So wish me luck, heres hoping I still have a home by tomorrow. =P

xoxo

1 comments:

Anonymous November 27, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

Glad you had agood night Adam.From another Aussie who spends most of his time working outdoors - be careful getting your tan. Had to laugh about your description before you jumped into the shower - sounded like an inside out jaffa.
Wish you luck with your family gathering - if your dad threatens to get the minister ask him if he wants him to marry you to C - that should let the cat loose among the pidgeons - seriously I hope it go well for you.
Kindest regards Stef.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP